This two-day meeting aims to bring together early career geoscientists with leading industry and academic experts to discuss and show case recent and potential future innovations in hydrocarbon exploration geoscience. The meeting will provide an excellent forum for networking and an opportunity for graduate students and young professionals to present their research. The conference offers more experienced hydrocarbon exploration geoscientists new research, ideas and concepts plus the chance to add their experience to the panel discussion.
- The challenges of career development at $50 - $70 oil: rethinking training, and exploring Chartership.
- Adapting established techniques to enhance exploration potential
- Building effective links between Industry and Academia: successful joint Industry projects and Academic consortia.
- The future exploration tool box: new techniques and software solutions
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Robert Hall (Royal Holloway)
- Gary Nichols (Nautilus)
- Jenny Omma (Rocktype)
- Bryan Ritchie (BP)
- Mike Simmons (Halliburton)
- Zoe Shipton (University of Strathclyde)
- John Underhill (CDT)
- Oonagh Werngren (UKOG)
Call for PapersWe welcome oral and poster presentations on the Future of Hydrocarbon Exploration featuring the four themes outlined above.
Oral Abstract Deadline: Friday 27 November 2015
Poster Abstract Deadline: Friday 26 February 2016
- Dr. Isobel Sides (Neftex-Halliburton) - lead convenor
- Dr. Mike Cottam (BP)
- Dr. Caroline Gill (Shell)
- Dr. Lucy Slater (Actis Oil & Gas Ltd)
- Dr. Helen Smyth (Neftex-Halliburton)