- The Perce Allen Award recognises a substantial body of research in any field of sedimentology. Candidates of any age may be nominated for the award;
- The Roland Goldring Award recognises noteworthy published research in any field of sedimentology. Candidates must be within ten years (full time equivalent) of the commencement of their research career;
- The Harold Reading Medal is awarded annually for the best publication by a current or recent postgraduate student (normally within 2 years of doctoral award) from a PhD project in the field of sedimentology and stratigraphy. The paper would normally also have been presented as a talk by a postgraduate student at a UK BSRG-sponsored meeting;
- The BSRG Award for Undergraduate Sedimentology is awarded annually to the best final-year undergraduate sedimentological project at a UK or Irish University;
- The BSRG Award for Masters Sedimentology is awarded to the best sedimentological project completed by a student on a one-year taught Masters course at a UK or Irish University.
- The Poster Prize is awarded annually to a postgraduate student, based on their research-in-progress presented at the BSRG AGM. The prize is sponsored by the PESGB.
Judging of submissions for the Harold Reading Medal, BSRG Award for Undergraduate Sedimentology, and BSRG Award for Masters Sedimentology and the BSRG Poster Prize, is shared across the BSRG committee. The panels for each of these four awards would normally include the Chair, Secretary or Awards Secretary.
DEADLINE 20 NOV.
Submission details here.