In an open discussion/workshop format, you will get to combine your brainpower with (amongst others):
- Dr Helen Czerski, Physicist, oceanographer and BBC broadcaster
- Professor Jane Francis, current Director of the British Antarctic Survey
- Dr Paola Crippa, atmospheric scientist, Newcastle University
NERC's 50th anniversary programme will reach a high point in October 2015 with the arrival in London of RRS Discovery - the UK's state-of-the-art research ship - when a series of events and activities will be hosted on board (www.nerc.ac.uk/latest/events/list).
As part of the series, female NERC-funded post-graduate students are invited to apply to take part in an exclusive on-board event to:
- Meet inspiring scientists to celebrate the successes of women in environmental sciences
- Consider the challenges and future opportunities to the equality agenda
- Participate in an open workshop, with a view to helping inspire the next generation of female scientists. Your ideas will help shape the future of NERC’s Public Engagement approach.
To apply for a place please complete the following application form answering the two-fold question:
- What do you see as the key barriers to women in science?
- How would you inspire the new generation of women in science?
Applications must be completed by midnight (BST) Monday 21 September 2015. Applications will be judged by an independent panel week commencing 21 September. All applicants will receive notification of the outcome of their application 5pm Friday 25 September 2015, via email.
Application and contact details here.